August 31, 2012,
Auburn Hills, Mich.
Designed and engineered to be America’s high-performance police vehicle, the 2013 Dodge Charger V-6 and V-8 provide law-enforcement with the best combination of tactical technology, safety, power, efficiency and iconic design.
The Dodge Charger Pursuit features two uncompromised, high-performance engines that deliver world-class levels of power, refinement, technology and fuel efficiency.
Delivering best-in-class power and the fastest-ever lap time at Michigan State Police’s (MSP) Vehicle Evaluation Test history (1:33.70) at Grattan Raceway in Michigan – the Dodge Charger Pursuit V-8 with its legendary 5.7-liter HEMI® V-8 engine unleashes 370 horsepower, 390 lb.-ft. of torque, 0-to-60 mph in less than 6 seconds and up to 25 highway mpg with innovative four-cylinder mode Fuel Saver Technology.
Achieving the fastest naturally aspirated (tested with both regular unleaded and E-85 flex-fuel) lap times around MSP’s Vehicle Evaluation Test, the Dodge Charger Pursuit V-6 with its aluminum 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine delivers 292 horsepower and 260 lb.-ft. of torque, offers E-85 flex-fuel capability and up to 27 highway mpg.
With superior ride and handling, the Dodge Charger Pursuit features Chrysler Group’s second-generation large car rear-wheel-drive architecture with performance-tuned suspension, load-leveling NIVOMAT shocks, heavy-duty anti-lock vented-disc brakes (ABS), front- and rear-stabilizer bars, 18-inch performance tires on steel wheels and two-mode police-specific Electronic Stability Control (ESC).
Developed with the guidance of the brand’s Police Advisory Board, the Dodge Charger Pursuit features a mobile-command interior with unique features, including a Vehicle Systems Interface Module for easy equipment integration, heavy-duty police-duty front seats and column-mounted shifter with Auto Stick.
In addition to its Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) “Top Safety Pick,” the Dodge Charger Pursuit surrounds the heroic men and women who protect with uncompromising safety and security equipment, including standard advanced multi-stage driver and front-passenger air bags, seat-mounted side-thorax air bags, supplemental side-curtain air bags for front and rear outboard passengers and driver’s knee bag.
Mopar factory upfit packages provide customers with quality-tested equipment and hassle-free ordering and servicing
With six quality-tested and factory-installed police-equipment packages specifically designed for the 2013 Dodge Charger Pursuit, Dodge and Mopar have teamed up to offer law enforcement officers with the ability to customize their vehicle to their exact specifications right from the manufacturer.
To enhance Dodge Charger Pursuit’s world-class levels of technology, safety, handling and efficient power, Mopar teamed up with industry-equipment leader Crown North America to develop six police packages that are designed to provide law-enforcement officers with the best combination of tactical equipment and performance. These police-equipment packages feature emergency lighting, audible warning and communications and safety equipment. Industry-leading suppliers involved in the development include Whelen Engineering, Setina Manufacturing and Havis, Inc.
Mopar conducted extensive testing to ensure that its police upfit equipment met and exceeded the heavy-duty durability-cycle tests requirements of the Dodge Charger Pursuit.
The base police prep package for the 2013 Dodge Charger Pursuit includes the following:
- Emergency equipment electrical system wire harness: Capable of providing the appropriate power, ground, and fusing for a variety LED, lighting, siren, computer, modem, radar or camera systems. The wire harness integrates with both the Vehicle Systems Interference Module (VSIM) 24-way connector and the 12-pin connector that Chrysler Group provides at the console
- Power distribution center (PDC): Contains the fusing and relays for circuits contained in the wire harness. The PDC is supplied from the battery with two 100-amp main fuses. These fuses are separated in order to accommodate departments that wish to control some circuits with a timing device. For installers who want to use timer systems to prevent power drains on the battery, the PDC will accept the device’s output and channel it to the usual elements controlled by timers, including camera, computer, modem and printer systems
- Slide-out trunk tray: Provides a stable, easily accessible platform from which the installer can position and install electrical equipment. The trunk tray provides a 37.5-inch by 19-inch mounting surface for electrical and communications gear. Locking slides provide the movement, allowing a technician easier access to equipment mounted to the tray. An industry-first integral ground buss bar helps eliminate poor grounding, the most common equipment issue. The tray is adjustable and allows for a variety of equipment heights and needs
- Trunk air-circulation fan: Stabilizes trunk temperature in a relatively short period of time, helping all trunk-mounted electronic equipment to function properly by circulating heated or cooled air from the driver’s compartment into the trunk area
- Siren speaker: Provides a 100-watt siren driver that is certified to meet SAE Class A and California Title XIII requirements when matched with an appropriate siren amplifier. Given that the system is mounted behind the grille, the look of the vehicle remains clean, while the siren location does not impact engine cooling
The 2013 Dodge Charger Pursuit’s available police-equipment packages include six quick-order package options:
- Base Prep Police Package: includes front and rear wire harness, power distribution center, siren speaker with bracket, trunk tray and trunk cooling fan
- Patrol Package 1: includes police floor console, front-corner LED lamps, rear-corner LED lamps, front and rear wire harness, power-distribution center, siren speaker with bracket, trunk tray and trunk cooling fan
- Patrol Package 2: includes police floor console, push bumper, front and rear wire harness, power-distribution center, siren speaker and bracket, trunk tray and trunk cooling fan
- Patrol Package 3: includes push bumper, police floor console, front corner LED lamps, rear corner LED lamps, front and rear wire harness, power distribution center, siren speaker with bracket, trunk tray and trunk accessory cooling fan
- Slick Top Police Package 1: includes police floor console, front and rear wire harness, power-distribution center, siren speaker with bracket, trunk tray and trunk cooling fan
- Slick Top Police Package 2: includes front-corner LED lamps, rear-corner LED lamps, front and rear wire harness, power distribution center, siren speaker with bracket, trunk tray and trunk cooling fan
In addition to the six packages, 24 Mopar parts may be ordered separately:
- Push bumper
- Siren speaker and bracket
- Grille lights
- Front corner LED lights
- Rear corner LED lights
- Visor lights
- Overhead light bar — full feature
- Overhead light bar — limited feature
- Rear deck lights — full width
- Rear deck lights
- Police floor console
- Can-com siren system
- All-weather floor mats
- Trunk tray
- Trunk cooling fan
- Spare-tire relocation bracket
- Front wire harness
- Rear wire harness
- Power distribution center
- Front splash guards
- Rear splash guards
- Hitch receiver
- Seven-way trailer-tow harness with 4-pin adapter
The 2013 Dodge Charger Pursuit equipped with Mopar’s police equipment packages is available through Chrysler Group LLC’s fleet operations. The Dodge Charger Pursuit is manufactured at Chrysler Group LLC’s Brampton, Ontario, assembly plant.