July 19, 2016,
Auburn Hills, Mich.
Ram Truck dealers from around the Chicago metropolitan area made their way to Lombard’s Yorktown Center today to load-up on new Ram ProMaster City vans.
The Ram Commercial Truck brand hosted a one-day dealer drive-away event for the popular new ProMaster City van. From there, dealers will head back to their stores with dozens of small vans destined for all sorts of small businesses – from caterers to locksmiths.
Following Ram Commercial Truck brand’s best February, March, April, May and June on record for small-van sales volumes, Ram dealers have been clamoring for more shipments in order to meet the unprecedented demand.
The ProMaster City’s class-leading features and third-party accolades, including Green Car Journal’s
2016 Commercial Green Car of the Year™, have helped boost the van’s success.
Ram ProMaster City offers best-in-class standard features where they count:
- 178 horsepower and 174 lb.-ft. of torque
- Payload – 1,883 pounds
- Cargo volume – 131.7 cubic feet
- Unsurpassed 24 combined mpg (21 mpg city/ 29 mpg highway)
- Unsurpassed towing capacity – 2,000 lbs.
- Exclusive 9-speed automatic transmission
- Powertrain warranty – five years/60,000 miles
The 2016 Ram ProMaster City is Ram’s newest addition to its commercial vehicle lineup and contributes to the expanding, purpose-built van segment with functional elements tied directly to commercial customer demand. ProMaster City opens a door for incremental growth of Ram’s brand sales volumes.
Available in Tradesman cargo or five-passenger Wagon variations, the Ram ProMaster City is based on the successful Fiat Doblò, a two-time International Van of the Year winner with more than 1.3 million units sold. The Class 1 entry incorporates familiar Ram design elements and offers features, systems and powertrains preferred by North American customers.
Ram Truck Brand
In 2009, the Ram Truck brand launched as a stand-alone division, focused on meeting the demands of truck buyers and delivering benchmark-quality vehicles. With a full lineup of trucks - the Ram 1500, 2500/3500 Heavy Duty, 3500/4500/5500 Chassis Cab and ProMaster - the Ram brand builds trucks that get the hard work done and families where they need to go.
Ram continues to outperform the competition and sets the benchmark for:
- Best-in-class standard horsepower
- Segment-first 1,000 lb.-ft of torque with Cummins Turbo Diesel
- Most luxurious: Ram 1500 Tungsten with real metal and leather elements and a new 14.5-inch Uconnect touchscreen
- Best ride and handling with a double wishbone front suspension and five-link solid rear axle with available, segment-exclusive, active-level, four-corner air suspension
- Best-in-class available rear leg room
- The most cargo space available in any traditional full size cargo van
- Most capable full-size off-road pickup – Ram Power Wagon
- Most awarded light-duty truck in America
- Highest owner loyalty of any half-ton pickup
The latest J.D. Power APEAL study
, which rates the emotional bond between customers and their vehicles, named the 2023 Ram 1500 as the best full-size light-duty pickup.
Ram is part of the portfolio of brands offered by leading global automaker and mobility provider Stellantis. For more information regarding Stellantis (NYSE: STLA), please visit www.stellantis.com
Follow Ram and company news and video on:
Company blog: http://blog.stellantisnorthamerica.com
Media website: http://media.stellantisnorthamerica.com
Ram Truck brand: www.ramtrucks.com