2018 Uconnect Fact Sheet
August 31, 2017,
Auburn Hills, Mich.
Launched in 2003, Uconnect systems are FCA’s in-vehicle connectivity centers, designed to keep consumers connected, entertained and, most importantly, focused on the road. FCA vehicles offer Uconnect systems that provide drivers with a range of available communication, navigation, entertainment features and connected services. FCA continues to enrich the easy-to-use Uconnect systems’ features and services by delivering various vehicle enhancements via over-the-air software update capability. This over-the-air software update capability, deployed automatically via wireless cellular networks, enables product enhancements, security updates and improved compatibility with mobile devices to be applied at no cost to FCA US vehicle owners and without a service appointment.
An included trial of connected services also is available on properly equipped vehicles. These real-time services include a monthly vehicle health report; vehicle health alert; a smartphone app that enables owners to remotely lock, unlock or start their vehicle, locate their vehicle and more; and SOS Call and Assist Buttons on the rearview mirror that will connect vehicle owners to help at the push of a button.
Vehicle owners can access and control their Uconnect systems’ features and services by using advanced voice recognition technology, convenient steering wheel controls and intuitive touchscreens or traditional knobs and buttons, as well as by utilizing the Uconnect app and Vehicle Brand Owner Site to remotely deploy secure commands to the vehicle.
New for 2018
- On-demand 4G Wi-Fi hotspot capability debuts in model-year 2018 vehicles: Chrysler 300 and Pacifica; Dodge Charger, Charger SRT, Challenger, Challenger SRT, Durango and Durango SRT; Jeep Grand Cherokee, Grand Cherokee SRT and Renegade; Ram 1500, 2500/3500 Heavy Duty and Chassis Cab equipped with the Uconnect 4C or 4C NAV system with an 8.4-inch display (late availability)
- 4G Wi-Fi hotspot capability provides faster speed and more reliable in-vehicle wireless internet connectivity to your laptop, tablet or smartphone
- The built-in Wi-Fi hotspot supports up to eight mobile devices
- Uconnect 4 system, equipped with smartphone integrations of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, continues into properly equipped 2018 Chrysler Pacifica; Dodge Durango and Durango SRT; Jeep Grand Cherokee, Grand Cherokee SRT, Renegade, and Ram 1500, 2500/3500 Heavy Duty and Chassis Cab, and Fiat 500X and 500L vehicles
- SiriusXM Guardian Connected Services debut in Canada for 2018 model-year Dodge Charger, Challenger, Durango; Chrysler 300 and Pacifica; Jeep Compass, Grand Cherokee, and Renegade, and Ram 1500, 2500/3500 Heavy Duty and Chassis vehicles equipped with the Uconnect 4C or Uconnect 4C NAV with the 8.4-inch display
The Uconnect 4 system first launched in 2017 model-year vehicles and continues into the 2018 model-year FCA vehicle lineup. The Uconnect 4 system includes performance improvements with faster startup time and enhanced processing power, an 8.4-inch display that offers multi-touch gestures, vivid imagery, sharper graphics and the ability to support smartphone integrations:
SiriusXM Guardian Connected Services
- Apple CarPlay enables iPhone users to access Apple Maps, Messages, phone and Apple Music through Siri Voice control or the Uconnect touchscreen
- Android Auto enables easy and safe access to Google voice search, Google Maps and Google Play Music via the Uconnect touchscreen or steering wheel controls
SiriusXM Guardian delivers advanced in-vehicle connectivity and useful apps for drivers and passengers.
Features and services include:
The Uconnect 4 systems also include:
- The vehicle can be started from virtually anywhere, allowing owners to remotely lock, unlock doors or start their vehicles via the web or a smartphone app
- In the event of a minor collision, medical or other emergency, the occupant can press the SOS button located on the rearview mirror to be connected to a trained call center agent who can send emergency assistance to the vehicle’s location
- Should the vehicle run out of fuel, get a flat tire or need a tow, pushing the Assist button can pinpoint vehicle location, sending help as quickly as possible
- Use the SiriusXM Guardian smartphone app to easily search, map and send locations directly to the vehicle’s Uconnect Navigation system
Built-In Navigation System
- Drag and Drop menu bar
- Siri Eyes Free
- Do Not Disturb
- SiriusXM Tune Start
- Vehicle User Guide
- SiriusXM Radio
The Uconnect 4C NAV with 8.4-inch display offers navigation standard, including 3-D imagery of landmarks, city models and digital terrain. Utilizing the large, 8.4-inch touchscreen, Uconnect navigation delivers directions, lane guidance and points of interest. The touchscreen supports multi-touch gestures with pinch, tap and swipe capability. The Uconnect 4 system features enhanced graphics and a one-step voice entry system so customers can easily say the address and navigate on the go.
- SiriusXM Travel Link
To make every trip more efficient, SiriusXM Travel Link provides premium data services and information, and includes:
- Fuel prices
- SiriusXM Traffic
SiriusXM Traffic works with the vehicle’s navigation system to display traffic speed and flow information, along with accident information to assist drivers in routing around congested areas
Please visit the Uconnect newsroom
for the latest product information, photography and video.